An excellent corporate identity book for your library
A book with visual identities that delves into the best visual identity projects of some of the best design studios in the world has aroused the interest of designers and entrepreneurs.
It is not only for designers but also for entrepreneurs who want to enhance their work with a greater understanding of how good design is good business. The book will take an in-depth look at one of the most exciting visual identity projects from each contributing design firm, focusing on the workflow aspects of pricing and billing to generate ideas and reach a consensus on direction. stronger.
Identity Designed: The Definitive Guide to Visual Branding brings together high-caliber projects and includes information on how design studios work with clients, addresses design briefs, pricing, invoicing, idea generation, merging strategy with design, avoiding copyright infringement, selling ideas to clients, measure success and more.
The list of participating design studies
It includes OCD from New York, Jack Renwick from London, Rice Creative from Vietnam, Bedow from Stockholm, and Foreign Policy from Singapore.
Base (Brussels, New York, Geneva)
Baxter and Bailey (Brighton)
Believe in (Exeter, Mono)
Foreign policy (Singapore)
Freytag Anderson (Glasgow)
ico Design (London)
Jack renwick (London)
Lundgren + Lindqvist (Gothenburg)
OCD (New York)
Pharus (Sao Paulo)
Creative Rice (Ho Chi Minh City)
Robot Food (Leeds)
Corporate image study topics
Featured projects will be split 50/50 between project images and insightful reading of the following topics.
- The customer focus: how the customer was found, the first questions asked, and the steps that were taken before receiving the initial payment.
- Establish terms and conditions: key points on how customer expectations are managed from the beginning.
- Clarification of the design brief: topics covered and what the client receives for reference.
- Project pricing and timelines – Factors that affect the overall project rate and how to determine how long it takes to get the job done.
- Invoice Preparation and Payment Management – Software used to help streamline the process, collect in full instead of percentage amounts, and deal with foreign currencies and exchange rates.
- Carry out research: what to look for and where to give the best chance of exceeding expectations.
- Merging strategy with design: how to ensure a strategic approach to visual identity.
- Elaboration of good ideas: how to know when enough experimentation has been done, methods used to find the most varied ideas.
- Avoid copyright infringement: ensure (to the extent possible) that no existing design is infringed, the process of trademarking a logo.
- Work Presentation – How clients first learn about a possible design idea, tools, and software used for mockups and presentations.
- Reach consensus: guide feedback, orient clients, to the strongest idea, and stay in control of design execution.
- Guidelines development: the role of a style guide, whether prescriptive or flexible, of how these documents are formatted and delivered.
- Measuring success: how to determine the impact of visual identities on customer businesses.
- Study Marketing: Tips on How to Find Your First Customers.